Wednesday, February 26, 2014

another snowy day at home

Fortunately, the sun came out and the white streets turned black again. By that time, it was afternoon and I was not going out.

Nothing momentous - just more of the same sorting/throwing.  I put 4 or 5 bags out for Big Brothers/Big Sisters to come and collect tomorrow, so that's a bit of progress.

For those of you who are going through/have gone through your parents' stuff, I will share with you a series of articles, The Task, from the NY Times on-line blog that a friend recommended to me.  Wonderful!! http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/category/the-task/.  I could identify with quite a bit. Scroll down and start reading from the first of 8 articles, which is at the bottom.

I am back at work on the strips from a couple of weeks ago and this is what it looks like now. It is less blue than it looks here.  Well, we shall see what it looks like in the next permutation. 
 If the weather perks up a bit, I may bring a load of stuff to the studio.  Getting cabin fever.

2 comments:

Hilda said...

Thank you so much for the link to The Task! I read all eight articles in order--what a wonderful writer, capturing such a difficult task indeed! I sometimes wonder how much of a task I'll be leaving my two daughters, but still find it difficult to deal with some of my own "stuff." I always thought my mom didn't have nice towels--she and my dad used thin beach towels--until after her sudden and unexpected passing when I came across lots of wonderful thick, brand new towels that she had been saving. I've learned to use the "good" stuff and have tried encouraging my daughters to do the same, never knowing when your time may be cut short before you've had a chance to use and enjoy the "good" stuff! I'm off to cut my good fabric now and make something I'll use!

Mia Bloom Designs said...

Rayna- Thank you for sharing the link to The Task articles. I've been going through my dad's stuff. It's been very difficult for so many reasons, one is that my mom wanting to keep things "just a little bit longer". I don't fault her but it just makes it harder. Going through his stuff has made me start going through mine. Like daughter like father.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...