Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Zowie!

After a delay of several hours for mechanical issues, we finally left Newark shortly after midnight.  This meant, since it was a dinner flight, that we had dinner somewhere around 2:am.  Happily, I was in first class, so the seat turned into a bed of sorts.  I slept like a log till 7:30 this morning.  We landed in Sao Paolo around 10:30, SP time (an hour later than NY time).  The international terminal is new and elegant, but empty of people.
Although, even here -- a familiar airport sight.  
The Star Alliance airport lounge is the most beautiful I have ever seen, but the food isn't very interesting or very good, sadly.  However, it, too, is pretty to look at.

So here I sit, wondering what I haven't had to eat that I should go back for.  Pasta? Meh -but maybe.  Dessert? I rarely eat dessert, but might have to see what's available.  OTOH, I could go downstairs to the terminal in search of a good empada...



3 comments:

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

!st class that is impressive. Keep us posted.

Hilda said...

Wow, that does look impressive. I've never flown first class! Go in search of the empada...it will be worth it. As for desserts, there is my favorite Brazilian dessert, quindin de ya ya. I saw that there were were a few sweet shops at the airport. Quindin is egg yolk, coconut concoction. Wish I was there with you!

Linda Hicks said...

You will shine..


soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...