Saturday, March 12, 2016

An Open Letter to my Blog Readers/Commenters


Dear Everybody Who Comments on My Blog,

I am so happy when you leave comments. They are always interesting and often extremely valuable and informative.  Those of you who are commenting on my Blog Hop post  are giving me ideas for new workshops, so thanks for that!

HOWEVER - I HATE when you leave no link to an email (or blog or FB or G+)and no way to reach you. I have follow-up comments and questions for some of you and would really like to be able to continue the conversation.  I like this to be a two-way street and am very frustrated that when I click on your name to respond, I get to a dead end. Many of you are on Blogger (even without a blog) but the "about me" doesn't have a contact link.

Please, please, please leave me some way to contact you. There is a contact me link on my sidebar, or you can go to my website and leave a comment, or you can send me a message on Facebook messenger.  

I love you all, but please, a conversation shouldn't be one-sided.  Thanks for commenting, and please keep doing it - but please, let me know how I can get back to you if I want to.
xoxo
Rayna

(who is now going back to her sewing machine to work on a quilt inspired by the colors of Cape Town).






5 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand your concern about this, sweetie; no one ever leaves contact info on my blog either.

http;//printaphilic.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Our trip to Cape Town seems so long ago!

Claire said...

Gee, I was just in that part of Cape Town last month and was similarly inspired by the colors of the homes in that section of the city. I think I have pictures of the same houses as I kept picking the most colorful combinations.

Rayna said...

Claire!! You are exactly one of those people I can't contact. ARGH.

Deborah Boschert said...

Hey Rayna, this is the default setting for Google+ and Blogger profiles. Theoretically, it keeps you from getting spam comments. Readers can alter their profiles to make sure you have an email address to reply to. Here's a tutorial on how to do it. http://www.thecarodiaries.com/2015/06/how-to-solve-being-no-reply-blogger.html

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...